From the pristine beaches to the magnificent seafront, the enchanting South Devon lifestyle and the beautiful marina, there are a number of things to do in Torquay. Although for first time travellers, there are a few things to be taken into consideration, the activities however, will never let you feel bored. Learn about the first time travelling guide.
- Visit Torre Abbey Sands to enjoy watching the yachts on the Torquay marina and engage into Watersports like surfing, speedboat rides, waterskiing, ringo rides, wakeboarding and more.
- Visit the Kents Cavern to learn about cave inhabitants and cave formations from the Ice Age
- Book a passenger ferry to Brixham, Dartmouth and Paignton for fishing and wildlife watching
- Enjoy theatre shows, musicals, open-air comedies etc. at the Princess Theatre, Babbacombe Theatre, Little Theatre or at the open-air Cockington Country Park
- Have a leisurely stroll along the promenade and the historic pier to marvel at the South West Coast Path of Devon, the horseshoe-shaped bay and if you want, you can visit Brixham, Paignton and beyond.
- Visit the Torquay Central Farmers Market that is organized on every Saturday with products sourced from around the region. The fresh cheese, organic vegetables, eggs, coffee, bread, honey etc. are the specialties
- Sample and taste the contemporary estate-made wines at the Bellbrae Estate where the handcrafted specialties include Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Cabarnet Shiraz, Moscato, Pinot Noir etc.
- When the summer tides are low, the Point Danger Marine Sanctuary can be visited for snorkeling around the limestone cliff and get up close with the marine creatures like carnivorous worms, eagle rays, brittle stars and around hundred seaslug species.
- Greet the animals like giraffes, tigers, lions, rhinoceros and orangutans at the Paignton Zoo where you will also find variegated plants
Learn the history of Torquay at Torquay Museum where exhibits about South Devon, Agatha Christie gallery with Poirot’s Study, sabre-toothed tiger fossils and north-west Europe’s oldest human fossil is found.